No matter how large or small your yard is, nothing beats the aesthetic satisfaction of revamping your bushes into their intricate finest. Beautifying the exteriors of your home does not only keep your sight pleased, but it also affects your lifestyle holistically as well. When your time and lifestyle does not permit you to take a break and reconnect with nature, then it’s time for you to bring nature right at the distance of your home. Not only it elevates the overall atmosphere and appearance of your humble abode, but it also:
1. Increases your home value.
In a given time in the future wherein you may decide to put your home up on the market, then its great landscaping features and proper exterior care will essentially add to its existing value. It could generally range from a 5.5 to 12.7 percent price advantage in addition to the existing value of your home. Properties with the following features, among a few, have a great price advantage over those who don’t:
- Landscaped wooden patios
- Solar-powered outdoor lights
- Sprinkler systems
- Less lawn maintenance needed
- A water feature such as ponds, fountains, or even artificial waterfalls
2. Boosts up outdoor recreation time.
If you make your home exteriors a lot more accommodating for you and your family, then you will definitely enjoy more outdoor activities for your lifestyle. Invest in patio furniture or install a pool for all of your recreational and stress-relieving needs.
3. Provides you with efficient energy management.
With the proper plant and tree care or maintenance, you will ultimately provide your home a much cooler atmosphere and will definitely save you a couple of dollars from running your air conditioning systems. The trees and bushes around could also act as windbreaks and can decrease your heating costs as well. It also is an effective and natural way of preventing erosion and providing flood control for your home.
Moreover, considering landscaping your yard and providing considerable spaces for trees and plants also help our environment in the long run. People nowadays have certainly realized the utmost importance of greens in our surroundings, as the state of the world’s atmosphere hangs in balance and walking on a tightrope right now. While there are a lot of good reasons to push you in investing in your home landscaping, here are some things to keep in mind if you want to do it in style:
- Add color, but not too much! Flowering plants are indeed the easiest way to go when adding a dash of color in your home, but too many contrasting colors could be a tad too overwhelming and unpleasant to the eye. While diversity is great, a sense of unity is definitely much more satisfying. It is better if you stick to a pattern or keep just the right amount of plant species for a more uniform appearance. Plus you won’t be having difficulties maintaining them as well!
- Focus on your edges. You may do this by yourself or you could hire a landscaping service provider, but either way, touching up your edges regularly certainly makes your yard much neater and pretty to look at. While it certainly gives your home a preppy and well-put look, it is also one way to make sure that your landscaping requires lower maintenance as well.
- Invest in patio furniture. Buying things for your patio is one good way of actually enjoying the atmosphere that your yard provides. Hang up a hammock, or install a pergola for you and your family’s picnic dates. If things get too expensive for you, then you may consider DIYs — it’s cheaper and definitely a lot more fun! It surely is one way to lure you into the beauty of nature right at the back of your home.
- Don’t forget the front. Prioritizing the beautification of your backyard may be a priority right at first, but your front yard must have equal attention to care and maintenance from you as well. If you want to have a lower maintenance pathway, then consider using gravel or stepping stones for a more aesthetic feel. Consider planting a small tree coupled with some perennial plants to wrap up the appearance of your home from the outside.
- A water feature is your best bet. If you want to go a little bit extra, then having a water feature is the right thing to do. Not only does it add a sense of pleasing movement to your yard, but it also contributes to the calming nature of your surroundings. Who doesn’t love watching running water at ease? It can also be the main focal point of your landscape, so be sure to invest in a worthwhile design.
Whether or not you may consider revamping your landscape game, it essentially is a great addition to your home, one way or another. So don’t be afraid to go the extra mile in giving your home the touch up it deserves.